Ideberries – Smart moms will make the families happy and healthy. This is so because home-made products will usually have way better quality.
For instance, smart moms will prefer to make the elderberry syrup in the kitchen. It will be great to use Elderberry syrup recipe online to make healthier syrup.
There are some elderberry syrup brands in the market. Yet, we can never be sure with the elderberry contents in the jars.
Many commercial elderberry syrups do not contain enough elderberries for great efficacy. Therefore, to make it at home is a good idea.
We can make elderberry syrup out of fresh elderberry. However, when it is no longer a season for it, we can use dried elderberry. Some recipes use canned syrups for mixing the berries. Yet, we can also use the sugar for the more economical cost.
In addition, we can add honey to make it healthier. Also, we can add pancake syrup if we think the kids will like it more. It will be good to make the syrup the kid’s favorite.
We have to make sure to make the syrup out of fresh or dried elderberry. Yet, if it is not possible, we can use the elderberry concentrate as well.
Reliable brands of elderberry syrup use an original elderberry to extract into concentrate syrup. So, it is safe and healthy to use.
Elderberry syrup recipe:
- Dried organic Elderberries: ½ cup (4 ounces)
- Water: 2 cups
- Raw local honey: 1 cup
- Organic cinnamon stick: 1
- Organic cloves: 5
- Grated ginger: 1 tablespoon
How to Make It
- The first step is to cook the sauce. We need to place the berries, spices, and water in a saucepan. We have to be sure that saucepan is non-stick.
- Boil the mixture while reducing the heat.
- Next, simmer the mixture for up to 30 minutes. It reduces the liquid by a half.
- After that, strain the liquid to squish the berries.
- When it is ready, we can add the honey.
- The sauce is practically done. We need to store it in the fridge. Use a well-sealed mason jar to preserve the quality.
If we cook it well, we can save for 2 to 3 weeks.
Many other recipes on elderberry sauce are worth trying. We can also try this one.
Elderberry Sauce Recipes with Lemon and Cloves
- Elderberry Juice: 1 pint
- Sugar; 450 gram
- Lemon juice: one lemon per pint of liquid
- Cloves; 10 pieces per pint of liquid
When we are about to cook a sauce of berries, we need to get prepared with jars. The sealed mason jars will do. This is so because the secret key of a tasty and healthy berry sauce is the good quality jar. We need to sterilize the jars with warm water.
Read also: Dried Strawberry Macaron Recipe
After that, we can combine all the ingredients in a non-stick pot. The same procedure of heating is applied in this recipe as well. We need to stir until the sugar dissolved. When the syrup is ready, we need to place it in the sealed-cans in the fridge.